Pre & Post Care: Waxing & Sugaring
* Let your hair grow out for at least 2-3 weeks. It should be about 1/4 inch long at a minimum (think length of a grain of rice). It's important to have enough hair growth - this allows the wax/sugar to grab the hairs easily.
* Exfoliate the area to be waxed regularly up to 1-2 days before your appointment. Do not exfoliate the day of your wax. Keeping the skin exfoliated and moisturized improves your waxing/sugaring results.
* Make sure your skin is clean, and free of lotions or oils the day of your appointment.
* Try to limit your caffeine intake before getting waxed. Caffeine (and other stimulants) in your system can make your skin more sensitive. Instead, drink plenty of water to hydrate your body and skin, and to reduce sensitivity.
* Wear/bring clean, loose, comfortable clothing for your appointment. The more your skin can breathe after getting waxed/sugared the better.
* Some people with a low pain tolerance, or if it's their first bikini wax, take ibuprofen 30 minutes before their appointment to help out.
*Apply Aloe, Aquaphor, anti-histamine cream or cold compress to calm the area and sooth any irritation.
* Keep the waxed area clean.
* For the first 24-48 hours, please avoid:
- Sun exposure & Tanning beds
- Pools & Hot tubs
- Hot Showers & Baths
- Saunas & Steam rooms
- Heavy exercise/sweating
- Tight clothing
- Applying deodorant, make-up, body sprays etc. on the waxed area for the reminder of the day (24 hours recommended!)
- Intimacy if waxed in this area
- Touching the waxed area
* Begin exfoliating the waxed area 48-72 hours after your appointment 2-3 times a week.
* Use a moisturizing product daily.
* Don't shave between appointments. This will take us back to square one.
* The best thing you can do to make waxing as pain free as possible is to do it regularly. Your hair grows back finer and more sparse. It's recommended to get waxed every 4-6 weeks depending on how fast your hair grows.